Operation Hashtag: Complete!




There are defining moments in our lives that ultimately help build us into the person we are today.   Weddings, births, deaths, a first kiss... and determining a perfect hashtag.  If you are on Facebook, you probably saw the post where I posted our options to choose between.  I got such a kick out of the responses - this is definitely a topic that people are passionate about!

Ultimately the winning hashtag was #bridgiesmalls.  Congrats to Heidi Lawson, who came up with this one over a Sangria Mimosa.  You have won lifetime snuggles with Bridget Grace. :)  

(Side note:  for those who do understand the #bridgiesmalls hashtag, you can read about Biggie Smalls here.  Biggie was also known as The Notorious B.I.G. and is known as being one of the greatest rappers of all time.)

Our winner, Heidi, meeting Bridget and starting her lifetime of snuggles

Second place was a close one, it was between #BridgetGraceDiaries and #GracedbyBridget.  #GracedbyBridget slithered by with a handful more votes - so congrats to Michelle Nelli for coming up with that one... you have the same prize. ;)  

I realized that Axel has not one, but two hashtags that we use for him - one being the title of this blog and the other really being HIM - the Axman.  So I will do two hashtags for Miss Bridget.   It is now official.  See, this way, when they are older and can argue, he can't hold over her head the fact that he had two hashtags and she only got one.  (preventative hashtagging)

#bridgiesmalls #gracedbybridget

BUT I did really like the Laced Around Bridget Grace concept... (thank you, Anushka Bhatia!) and so I'll add that to this blog's title as it's a really great tie-in to Wrapped Around Our Axel...  So many things accomplished while seeking out the ideal hashtag!

In other news, we turned THREE WEEKS on Tuesday!  WOOT!!!

She and I celebrated by meeting a friend of mine for lunch who came into town from the Bay Area.  Baby girl is a great brunch/lunch companion so far. :)
Bridget and Maria at La Condesa

We had a busy weekend full of friends and family.  One of Axel's friends turned three, so we went to his birthday party.  Bridget got a lot of loving and did great.  I failed at taking a picture at the party, but I promise you she looked cute.

On Sunday, Brittany, my cousin Laura and I had the great fortune of going to see "It" while the dads kept an eye on the zoo - I mean the kids.  We left them with the responsibility of watching two newborns, a six month old, an almost three year old and a four year old.  This is no easy task and not one to enter into lightly.  But the brave men in our lives took on this task and with it produced some cute pictures and happy kids.  Sadly we managed to not get a pic of Eli, Laura's six month old... but he was a handsome addition to the crew.

Brit holding Bridget, Peyton to her left.

How Ben got these expressions at the same time is beyond me. 

Daddy Day Care


No babysitting gig is complete without ensuring the babysitter has something to eat.  Ben went and picked up BBQ at La BBQ, his hands down fav.  So dads were fed, therefore happy.

In other news, I'm pleased to report that baby girl loves baths.  Besides eating, I think that bathtime may be her favorite thing.  She's super cute afterwards, all clean and lovable.  I put a pic together that compares her to Axel all snug in their towels.  

Ridiculously cute.


Never too young to lounge around in a robe.

Oh, hello.



















Bridget had her two week pediatrician's appointment last week.  She was a half ounce shy of her birth weight, but we were there a day before she'd be two weeks so the doctor was content, feeling confident that she would hit her goal weight the next day without a doubt.  With the amount that this child eats, I have no doubts she will be hitting any weight goals and then some!   They did the second round of the foot prick, which is the absolute worst.  I just think of when I donate blood, the part I hate the most is when they prick my finger and try and bleed the finger to get the right amount of blood for resting.  I can't imagine someone doing that to my foot and squeezing it for minutes on end.  Poor honey was NOT happy, but she made it through.  And so we brunched afterwards.  

Ready to get her brunch on



The following day I thought it would be fun to surprise my team at the office with a visit.  Ben hadn't seen the new downtown site yet (click on the link if you want to see pics of the new office!) and since he was going back to work this week (yesterday was his first day back) it was a great chance to give him a tour.  I crashed my team's meeting, which was really fun - we have some new team members so I got the chance to meet them as well as give hugs to the legacy folks.  Somehow our quick visit ended up lasting about three hours between touring, eating, visiting, meeting crashing... Bridget was great, though, and so was Ben. ;)  I didn't manage to take any pics, but Ben snapped one of her in her "Meet the Googlers" outfit.  This was one of the many outfits my team gave us to ensure the Biscuit is always looking her best. 


Tutu courtesy of "Team Sphinx"

In non-baby news, we are in the midst of putting a pool in the backyard.   We are really really really excited, especially Axel.  He has been quite the supervisor for the work being done.  Poor guys will be working in the backyard and homeslice gets home from school and perches on the patio with a snack and watches their every move.  They are great at what they do and we're starting to see something pretty spectacular being built. This week was especially cool because they did the tile work (I've been looking forward to this piece!)  Here's a sneak peek... 
   



This pool is Axel approved.
Nothing to do with any of the previous topics.  Just a good baby/dog pic.

Ben started back to work Tuesday, with yesterday being his first day in the actual office (he works from home on Tuesdays and Thursdays).   I have been very lucky to have him around for the past few weeks, as he has been such a huge help and has done everything he can to help me to catch up on some rest in the mornings.  I know he was looking forward to being back at work, but I also know how much he's enjoyed having his time with Miss Bridget.  I think these pictures say it better than I can... we miss you around here, Daddy!


Dad Selfies ROCK.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two steps forward, one step back...

Feeding

He's here!!!