And we are officially a month old! (Well, as of this past Saturday!)


Yup, this is my little man at a month.  Love this boy!   His dad and I were like the paparazzi on Saturday taking pictures of him, but I think that this one is my favorite.

I guess I have to apologize... I have had quite a few people get on my case about not posting a blog lately... for this I do say I'm sorry!  First, I didn't realize people were actually enjoying it... and secondly, I figured that it would be best to wait til the month milestone - that and the fact that I would have a week's worth of bonding time to talk about.  I also got in trouble for not posting any pics that had me in them.  So here you go. This one was taking during tummy time turned nap time...



So yes, we had our first week together, just him and me.  I have to admit, I was a bit nervous, but thankfully since we'd had the opportunity to work on a schedule already, we pretty easily stepped into our roles and had a good time together.   We had some outings.... he joined me to meet Sheila and the girls for Cupcakes and Coffee and was awesome... the next day he joined me to meet some of my old teammates from Dell for lunch.  Again, he was fantastic, I was so proud of him!  He's actually really good company, I gotta tell ya.

I conquered my fear of giving him a bath by myself.  He still is not a huge fan of the bath; but each time it's a little easier... Token cute pic post bath:
SERIOUSLY?  Look at the dimple.  It kills me.  Doesn't it make you just want to EAT HIM UP???

So you may wonder what wonderful things Axel and I do during the day... I know that's the question of the hour.  We enjoy tummy time, carry time and swing time.

Tummy time is generally upstairs on the amazing blanket our friend Cheryl made for Axel.  He loves the bright colors and it's super soft.   For some reason the dogs feel that they have to participate as well. Heck, everyone should make tummy time a team event.   I can only fathom how humorous it would have to be to walk into Axel's room and find him, me, and the two danes on our stomachs on the floor. Ha.  (BTW, for those of you who have been inquiring about Delilah... she's been allowed back in the bedroom.  Don't tell her therapist).





We do this for a while, then we typically rock and relax for a bit afterwards.   This is frequently followed by carry time, otherwise known as "Wear the Baby".

I knew that I wanted to get something to put him in so that I could work around the house while he was with me and not always have to put him down somewhere.  He's too little for most carriers that we have, so I got this cool wrap called a Baby K'Tan.  He LOVES it and it is a guaranteed prescription to knock him out.  He can be super fussy, but as soon as he's in there and we do some walking, he's conked.

Here, Michelle... this is the only other pic you're getting for now. ;)  Observe the Baby K'Tan.

Now observe end result of having baby in Baby K'Tan...
I personally love the open mouth in this picture.  On a scale of 1 - 10, 1 being wide awake and 10 being on another planet, he's a 10.  

The other thing we like to do is use our MommaRoo swing... this is one of the coolest inventions known to man and if they had one for adults, I'd be first in line to buy it. 
The MommaRoo is awesome because it has 5 different motions that it will go in.  Very smooth... his favorite seems to be the Kangaroo motion... picture laying down in this super comfy basket... and then gliding in the motion of McDonald's golden arches... then back again the other direction...  that's the Kangaroo movement.  He's a huge fan.  He's in there right now, actually, which is why I'm here updating the blog. :)

We are super excited because his sister gets into town to see him on Wednesday and she will be here for ten days.  She texted me this pic of comparison of her baby pics to his: 
I definitely see a resemblance!  :) 

Okay, I best go check on my little buddy before he kangaroos away.   I'll leave you with these to put a smile on your face!

The frog seen here is his Ribbit... definitely a fan. 

No caption necessary. :)

I just like the attitude in this one.  Yeah buddy, Axel's in the house and he's here to break hearts!!! A what what???

















Comments

  1. Love!!!!! I figured you weren't posting updates because you were um... busy! And maybe I am a pain, but you are going to love that you are in the pictures when he is older and he will love them too. And, I have to say, you are the best looking post-pregnancy Momma I have ever seen. The rest of us losers get fat face syndrome so that is yet another reason for you to keep getting in the picture. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Two steps forward, one step back...

Feeding

He's here!!!