Happy birthday, Sebastian - and other stuff

Nine years ago today, a glorious puppy joined this world.  Sebastian David Bernfeld.

We actually got him in December, when he was about ten weeks old.  Our previous dane, Stella, had passed away suddenly, and quite honestly, the emptiness in the house was simply intolerable.  It was close to Christmas time and Ben had no idea what I was doing... but I perused some adds and did some looking and found this woman in San Antonio whose dane had just had puppies.  They weren't AKC registered, they weren't show dogs, but oh my goodness this woman loved her danes.

My stepdad met me in San Antonio to meet the puppies in the hopes that we would find a good fit.  I got there and there were only two left.  One was super cute, his face was half black and half white.  But Sebastian was the other... just a gloppy "little" thing.   It was instant love.  I snatched him up as quickly as possible and put him on the floor board of the passenger side of my Mitsubishi Eclipse.    I got home and told Ben that I had been at the grocery store and I needed help unloading the car - specifically, on the passenger side.

To Ben's surprise, there was this black and white gloppy puppy sitting there waiting for him.  Now, to many people, we rushed into bringing a new dog into the family.  But for us, it was the right time and the right dog.  



Let's be clear.  Sebastian is not always a GOOD dog.  Just this morning he some how managed to knock a box of dog biscuits off of the TOP of the refrigerator and ate the entire thing.  He's fixated on cat food and will forage through any obstacle we put out to try and get one bite of Cyrus' meal.  He drools like crazy and refuses to go outside if its raining.   He gets so wigged out by having his nails trimmed that we now have to drug him else he may actually bite.  He doesn't like it if Ben touches him with his feet (then again, most people have a similar reaction... hahaha) and he talks back if you say no.

But he's sweet and he's good to us, cats, kids and Axel.  We're pretty lucky, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BUDDY!

In other news, today was Family Day at Dell.   Ben had mentioned it and so Axel and I decided to go up and say hi.  We went and visited Ben's area and Ben had the chance to show the boy off... this is what we wore...
Yes, we are rockin' the sweater vest.

We went through the aisles where Ben is and stopped sales for Dell Emerging Business for about ten minutes.  (Sorry, Michael).   Then we went to the family day event (eh, not so exciting), and then I took advantage of being there and went up to my old stomping grounds to say hi.  It's kind of like going to show and tell as a kid, but your kid IS show and tell.  Fun times.  Axel was really good, not fussy, awake when we got to the HR area, and an all around good sport.

We enjoyed having some rain this weekend, that's for sure - and it's raining now as I sit here.  Austin has been so dry... I still remember the first time I came to Austin to visit my sister when she went to UT.  I was amazed at how GREEN it was, and it was so nice to see rain.  (Then again, I was coming from the desert).   Over the years it just seems to get less and less green.  I know that things happen in a cyclical nature but I sure am tired of this particular cycle.

Selfie... we were watching the OU Game... HOOK 'EM!:

End scene.

Comments

  1. I'm always so pleased to see pictures of my newest handsome grandson...my granddog is pretty impressive too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Two steps forward, one step back...

Feeding

He's here!!!